How To Get Rid Of Tinnitus Naturally
When there is unpleasant ringing noise audible every now and then in one or both ears, it is addressed as Tinnitus (Hyperacusis). The sound could be either continuous or sporadic and it could differ widely, it could either be loud buzzing or mild ringing. However, in worst possible cases, tinnitus may have drastic effects where the patient remains disturbed or lose sound sleep.
Possible Reasons Of Tinnitus
The exact reason of tinnitus is not known from one person to person. Certainly, there are a number of hypotheses which try to elucidate the phenomenon. However, some of the basic causes are described below:
- When there is defect in the auditory system, there could be continuous ringing and buzzing sound which include pressure difference in the inner ear, lesions in the nerve endings, nervous imbalance in spine and jaw, muscle tension, inflammation, bruxism, malocclusion, SADAM, when cervical vertebrae is imbalanced, auditory nerve is damaged.
- When there is excessive secretion of glutamate in the ear this causes toxic microscopic lesions, there will be hyperactivity of the auditory nerve.
- There is physiological reasons as well where a traumatic shock generates abrupt loud noises, constant noise pollution, nervous tension, low or high blood pressure, stress, sleep disorders, muscle inflammation, circulatory disorders, liver disorders, constipation, kidney disorders (diabetes) or intoxication. Along with this school of thought, these psychological imbalances provoke an impairment of auditory system.
- There are neurological reasons, where tinnitus is believed to have a deep rooted. The brain is known to respond in one of the sensitive fashions. To protect the ear from the background noise, receptiveness of the brain is seemed to linger for a considerable long span of time. Researchers have also discovered that a number of tinnitus patients display an unusual excitation of neurons in and around the auditory cortex area.
How to get rid of tinnitus naturally
- There are a number of remedies to cure tinnitus naturally. Few food items are there consuming which Tinnitus can be cured. Among the items, there are few important food items such as Ginkgo biloba, Food rich in Cobalamin (Vitamin B12), Foods rich in Zinc. Intake of all these foods reduces the feelings of ringing in ears. There are other items like Lesser Periwinkle, Sesame seeds, Plantain, Black cohosh (Actaea racemosa), Castor Oil, Coptis, Valerian Root, Horsetail, Passion flower, Goldenseal, Ramson juice, Rhubarb, Spinach, Sunflower Seeds, Mistletoe tea, Fenugreek Seed Tea, Onion Juice, Hawthorn, burdock root and gum myrrh are commonly used herbs for treatment of tinnitus.
- There are few food items which you should be avoiding as well, among these food items there are excessive salt intake, fat and varying other food items. Then there are allergens, which may cause tinnitus, that should also be avoided
- Exercises are there which can also help in reducing the ringing sensation. As it is seen Atherosclerosis and hypertension are two main reasons why we often undergo the ringing sensation. There are varying exercises to perform, with which tinnitus can be curbed.
- Listening to soothing sound while falling asleep, reduces the stress and make you more relaxed. You can go for chiropractic adjustment, visit an acupuncturist.
Tinnitus could be a severe symptom of varying pestering disorders so if home remedies fail to cure it, it is better to talk to the concerned doctor.